martes, 22 de noviembre de 2011

It's already Christmas in Sweden

Also in Finland,

En Helsinki ya es Navidad

(I took this picture on Friday night. Helsinki and his beautiful Christmas lights)

and I am sure that in many other parts of the world, but we spent this weekend in Göteborg, in the south of Sweden, and for a couple of days I totally forgot that we are not in December yet.

I don't know if the feeling came from window shopping,


IMG_1273f

look at the shops in the middle of the street, it was cold out there!

IMG_1275bf


Or maybe because I really wanted a hot chocolate with a fika while enjoying people passing by,

IMG_1280f

Have I told you that in the north of Europe you can enjoy sitting on a terrace all the year long?

We, people coming from the South, cannot imagine something like that, as terrace is automatically linked to summer and sun.

Here, in Winter, the terrace owners give blankets to the customers, so you can enjoy your hot drink comfortably sat outside.


IMG_1285f


I love how everything is decorated with flowers and plants in the North of Europe. Don't you want to see what was inside the box?

I did.


IMG_1281f

One day I have to show you my favourite flower shop in Helsinki. I usually go there all Fridays and I never know what to choose. The flowers last more than a week and the shop it's the most wonderful place in the world.

Maybe this talent for detail is in their genes, as they live so much in contact with the Nature.

As a proof, look how some school children have decorated this park in the middle of Göteborg!


IMG_1430bf

Pol loved the park. It was full of ducks, grass and puddles, a lot of muddy puddles.


IMG_1427f


I don't know what you think, but for me there's Christmas in the air.

  IMG_1383f

1 comentario: